Coleman replacement

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

rynododge

My Coleman split system is @ 10 years old. The A/C no longer works. It needs replaced. The Goodman systems look good, but say they are not certified for Mobile Homes. What constitutes a system Mobile Home Certified. It been @ 100 degrees and I need to get the system replaced but I really don't want to get a Coleman.
Robert

Hi,

For just a/c and not a furnace too, make sure the A-Coil

will fit in the space. Be sure it has a trap installed if downflow with

an electric furnace and a-coil sits atop furnace.

Make sure the tonnage is same and matches what the furnace can

handle.

Non-certified is usually a unit not known as a unit mostly installed in MH's and certified by HUD for MH install.

You can use those as long as they meet above.

You can also get Nordyne (Intertherm, Miller) and a few others.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
rynododge

Robert,
Thanks for the reply. I am looking to replace the whole system, Heat and A/C. So, as long as the units fit in the closet space, its ok to use "non certified" systems?
Robert

Hi,

The furnace and a-coil will have to fit and be correct size in tons.

The furnace will have to be rated for a MH in that the blower motor will have to be designed for MH use.

IF the furnace is a gas furnace , will have to be rated for MH in the venting and combustion intake air.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?