Model EB15B Blower Unit

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

mgfalls

Two Symptoms Probably Related:

Sunday night, I noticed that the blower would come on with a bit of a thud, but turn off immediately. A few seconds later, it would come on and run normally.

Wednesday night, I realized that the blower was running non-stop. At the thermostat, we have the fan set to "auto," but it never turns off. Someone suggested that it might be a bad relay. I read a little on the net and wondered about the possibility of a defective "delay switch." Any advice would be appreciated. Can't afford an expensive repair, but the unit seems to cool very efficiently. By the way, we've been turning the blower off at the breaker as long as the house stays cool.

This is a Coleman split unit--outside AC, inside A-coils and blower. Approximately 6 years old. EB Series Furnaces.
Robert

Hi,

Could be a bad blower/fan relay.

Blower Relay # 3110-3301 can be seen and ordered through

PayPal from right side of this page :

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ColemanElec.html

Thanks for inquiring,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
mgfalls

Still having problems. Replacing the relay on the blower unit solved the problem for about a month. The problem has returned, and now the outside breaker on the AC is triping. Any ideas? Someone suggested a problem with the AC relay.
Robert

Hi,

Is the blower coming on and staying on again ?

If there is a breaker tripping, you need to have a Tech out because they trip from heat due to over amperage.

That is a fire hazard and needs to be diagnosed correctly asap.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
mgfalls

Thanks, Robert. The blower problem while solved for a while has intermitent problems now. Sometimes it does run constantly, but sometimes it shuts off. Last night, I turned the unit off manually at the thermostat switch, and the fan went off. It stayed off all night. This morning, I turned it back on. The unit has run constantly for about 2 hours now.
Robert

Hi,

The blower is operated by the t-stat and blower relay. If the blower is running after outside a/c condensing unit has turned off, the circuit would have to be traced and tested.

Be sure any fan switches at t-stat or furnace are set to auto.

Can be result of intermittant short.

Thanks,
Robert