COLEMAN EVCON SPLIT UNIT LEAKING WATER! HELP!!

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

danthebassman07

[/b]I sure hope someone has the answer to my problem.....I have a mess and have no clue as to what steps to take...

My AC is leaking water terribly bad! I noticed last night when I went in to the utility room that the floor was soaked with a large amount of water. It appeared to be coming from the bottom of the furnace/ac unit. After drying it up with several towels I put another towel down and went back to bed. A couple of hours later when I checked it, the same scene! I figured that the drain was clogged up so I went outside and took the hose to blow back into the drainpipe. There was some "gunk" but not to the point of clogging I didn't think. Nevertheless, I cleaned the pipe thinking that perhaps that was the problem and the water was simply overflow from the tray because it was not draining fast enough. After a lil while, once again, standing water in the floor in front of the unit. I have sopped up more towels than I care to count and they fill up pretty quickly! I have no other idea what I could do..Could someone pleaseeee help? Where could this be coming from? Last night it was rather cool and the AC wasn't even running and still had all the water leaking...I can't see where it could be coming from. I sure could use some good advice.....
Thanks.....
Danny
Robert

Hi Danny,

Could be pan rusted through if metal or cracked if plastic.

Drainline clogged and pan overflowing.

Will need to remove panel in front of a-coil to see and inspect.

Don't use a water hose from outside to blow back into pipe.

Tape a wet/dry vac nozzle to drainline outlet and pull clog out.

You can stop up the drainline entrance, fill pan 3/4 full and observe for leaking from underneath.

Is there a water heater or water lines close by that could be leaking ?

With a/c off, no water condensation or very minimal should be present.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
danthebassman07

Thanks for replying Robert!

I can't believe it! You hit the nail on the head when you inquired about a water heater being closeby that could be leaking. BINGO!!
After making sure that there was no clogged AC drain we opted to turn the valve off that allows water entry into the house. Once we did this, the water seepage through the wall stopped! That of course only left ONE obvious culprit, THE WATER HEAT!

My husband inspected the water heater, which was leaking from the top, and determined it was time for a new one. I finally got the mess cleaned up so now with a new water heater installed we should be good for the next several years....

I appreciate your input very much. I am a new member and am finding the forums very interesting and insightful! Great site and great communication! It's wonderful when people come together to help each other without expecting anything in return..

Thanks..
Patty
Robert

Hi Patty,

That's great, glad it is taken care of and you're very welcome.

Welcome to our family , we try to help as much as possible and have a huge realm of experience and expertise here.

Mark Bower owns the site and has a Repair and Upgrade Manual in Books and Parts link at top that is great for MH owners.

Look around, lots of links with articles and a complete online store.

By and large the site is mostly free info. Only costs are the store, some video downloads, wiring diagrams, manuals for hvac and a troubleshooting fee for anything beyond basics in hvac.

If you're patient and search, most info is there for free viewing and reading.

Enjoy and ask away when needed.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?