Questions about new A/C

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

DP

I just purchase a DoubleWide and part of the deal was the previous owner had to provide a new outdoor unit and inside A-coil.

They got a 3.5 Ton 13 Seer Goodman Condensor (model #GSC130421) and A-coil that I believe is made by York for Coleman (model #MH42S2CN1A). My inside unit is a Coleman EvCon (model #DGAA070BDTA).

This is from the Goodman Condenser manual:

This is from the A-Coil manual:

So which suction line do I go with, 3/4 (per coleman) or 7/8 (per the A-coil)?

Also, the A-coil list the airflow cfm for my application as min. 1225 and max. 1575. I'd like to go towards the maximum as I have low airflow with the current setup I'm replacing. What Blower would you recommend.

And finally, This diagram shows the required inverted loop. Would this loop be inside the A-coil box looping up above the a-coil connection and back down to it?
Robert

Hi,

This is where the need for an HVAC contractor to install who is experienced in MH units comes into play.

The blower motor MUST be one for use in MH's.

The norm for residential is 400 cfm per ton = 1400 cfm.

Different set-ups reqire different motors.

The warranty on the units will be voided if not installed by licensed Tech.

There are different variables with all set-ups and in order to get optimal performance, a Tech is what I advise in these situations.

Without a Tech, then call Goodman and Coleman for these questions.

Just not something I get into here on the net without being there.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?