Blower will not start, unless

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

srlemois

I have a Coleman T.H.E. 90, model 8995A676. Blower is 8955-690. Capacitor is 1499-449.

The blower hums loud when I turn it on manual or auto. Does not spin unless (I KNOW, I KNOW :oops: ) I manually get it spinning by hand while depressing the lower panel safety switch.

I then very quickly installed the lower panel before the blower spun down. It is working wonderfully now, but I can't turn it off unless I want to risk fingers, again.....

Am I correct in suspecting the capacitor?

Thanks. BTW will shut it off tonight after it cools off. :lol:
Robert

Hi,

Yes, run cap is probably bad, but motor may be cause of the run cap going out.

So, just replacing run cap may/may not work and it could be a band-aid for short terem.

May be long term though and run cap must be replaced with motor, so not any harm to try.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
srlemois

Thanks for not chewing me out about the manual start of the blower! I will pull motor out and check, clean and oil.

Do you folks sell a replacement run cap and motor?

By the way, motor turns VERY easily and blows well even though my manual turning only rotates it about a 1/3.

Retired Marines like me sometimes put our fingers in STUPID places! :oops:

Thanks,

Steve
Robert

Hi Steve,

LOL, so do Marine vets such as I. :wink:

I even advise people to do it CAREFULLY, but to use something like a ruler instead of fingers.

You can also remove housing, turn upside down, straight wire and turn more easy and safely with fingers.

I will check and see what/if the replacement motor is for your furnace.

Is it heat only or heat and a/c ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
srlemois

Heat only. Today (Sunday) it's been operating normally for 4 or 5 cyles, so far. I did remove all attaching wires to the motor thinking a corrosion problem at terminal connectors. Used to "fix" alot of things by disconnecting/reconnecting so as to scrape corrosion off contacts.

Anywho.....What about a run cap? 1499-449?

Thanks for the info.

Semper Fi!
Robert

Hi Steve,

Will get the info today. Had 2 computers (desk and laptop) go down and now on '99 dinosaur with little get up and go, LOL.

Don't have normal set up, so at a slight disadvantage for retrieving needed info, but will prevail anyway.

Thanks and Semper Fi !

Robert
Robert

Hi Steve,

Blower Motor # 2970A3249 @ $245.15

Run Capacitor # 024-20046-700 (new p/n) @ $9.16

Shipping = $18.50 for both or $4.50 for just the run cap.

To order, please call toll free after 9 AM CST to

1-877-263-7860 and charge to Visa or Mastercard or

have a PayPal Invoice sent via email for payment.

Corrosion may indeed be the culprit.

Thanks for allowing us to assist you.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
homebuff

:D Hey Steve your model is similar to mine & mine did the same thing. I ordered a new motor , capacitor & belly band for mine also. It is a little crazy to stick you fingers in where they don't belong. I was in the Army & retired as a staff Sargeant. Robert does look like a Marine does'nt he? :lol:
I am a certified ford diesel tech, "Retired Now" Ford Parts Department counter man, computer consultant, repairman & programmer