Coleman Evcon drain DGAT056BDC

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Brandon

Please help. The carpet around my coleman is wet. It's not my hot water heater, it's on the other side of the house, but my air conditioner has been running continuously. Can you please help me out? I've read articles about the drip pan, but I have no Idea what I'm looking at. Can you please tell me what to do?

thanks,
Brandon
Brandon

OK... Took off the cover to reveal the A-Coil. Drip Pan is full. I'm going to vacuum up water with my wet/dry vac.

Question:

What do I look for in regards to stopage/plugage??
Robert

Hi Brandon,

You'll have a drainline exiting the front of drip pan and going down through floor.

It should exit belly underneath and run out through skirting near/beside outside condensing unit.

If you do not see it there, look under home as some just exit belly or may not get that far even.

Find end of drainline, tape wet/dry vac nozzle over it and pull out any blockages.

Your drainline could be plugged, drip pan leaking, a-coil froze up and thawing out as top possibilities.

Get the water out of pan and clear drainline and inspect.

Thanks,
Robert
Last edited by Robert on Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Brandon

Thank you so much Robert!

It ended up being plugged up through the drain line to outside.
A good vacuum did the trick. I've had the air conditioner going for a while and all looks well, all is draining OK. Thanks for having this forum.

God bless you.

-Brandon
Robert

Hi Brandon,

That's great and news that I love to hear !! You're very welcome, happy to help.

God Bless you as well !

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?