COLEMAN EB17B

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

brownidtwin2

HI, I am needing help with my AC. I had probelms last week, where the fan kept running, when the AC was not running. I was told to replace tthe thermostat and did so. Two days later the alarm sounded several times on our unit and we now have no power to the lower control board ( per your troubleshooting) and there are no lights on the alarm switch(?) The number from the board is 7681-8171/A. Could this possibly be the lower control board? My husband is convinced that the board has water damage due to he sees corrosion on the board, but no burn spots. If so, how soon would I be able to get one and how much woudl it be? If not the control board, any suggestions?
Thank you,
Darlene
[/b]
Robert

Hi Darlene,

IF you did not have 24vac at lower board, your problem lies outside of the blend air system.

Have you checked your transformer for proper input-Line and output-Load voltages ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
brownidtwin2

HI Robert,
We have checked the input and have a little over 240 but we have no voltage for the output. Would this be the transformer?
Robert

Hi,

Yes, transformer is bad, but may have been caused by seperate problem.

Transformer # 3300-3861 @ $20.25 + $8.00 shipping .

It can be seen and ordered through PayPal from left side here :

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ColemanElec.html

Then, go to an auto parts store and get an automotive ATC 3 amp inline fuse and fuse holder.

Get a couple to 3 fuses. Install this in the power wire on Secondary/Load side of transformer.

This will protect transformer in case it is due to other causes and also in future if something shorts out low voltage wiring.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?