COLEMAN PHP060H1021A

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

bbaldy5

I have the unit stated above. When it is turned on, the blower is moving air. The coils seem to be getting cold, but the outside fan is not coming on. Someone told me that there is a reset button in the control panel, but I cannot find it.

Please help, it is hot here in Florida :D
Robert

Hi,

Not all units have manual resets and yours doesn't show one. However, most likely not the problem here anyway.

IF the compressor is running, then get something thin (ruler is good) and spin the fan blades.

IF it starts and runs, probably a bad run capacitor.

IF not, test for full voltage to motor leads and if voltage is there, yet motor won't run when blades are spun, then motor is bad.

IF voltage not there, contactor would be next suspect.

Thanks for inquiring,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
bbaldy5

Robert,
We found the problem. The capacitor was weak, and the fan blades were off balance. Do you know any good refrigerator people???

Again, thanks for all that you do.
Robert

Hi,

That's great, glad ya got it going again. Don't know any Appliance Techs down that way.

You're very welcome, happy to help.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?