Coleman Model BRCQ0361BD

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

gkell

We have a Nordyne Intertherm model E2EB-023HA Furnace/Blower inside and a Coleman BRCQ0361BD Condensor outside.

Blower works fine. The condensor hums then turns off but the fan will not turn on. The unit is hot to the touch. There is no freezing of the lines at either the a-coil inside or at the condensor outside.

Any suggestions?
Robert

Hi,

If contactor is pulling in and compressor is starting up and only problem is fan motor won't turn, try using a stick or ruler and shove fan blades.

If it starts up and turns then, probably a bad run cap.

If it still won't turn, need to see if it is getting full voltage to motor leads.

Can give parts /ordering info if the fault is found and it is needed.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
gkell

I turned the fans with a stick and the blades started back up but then after awhile they stopped. So it might be that run cap. What else would we need to order with that?
Robert

Hi,

If the motor stopped after a while, was the motor hot to touch ? It may be a bad motor also.

Need to know if motor leads were receiving full voltage when it quit again.

Having computer problems, sorry for delay in answering back.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
gkell

Sorry, I didn't take off the top cover to notice if the motor was hot and i dont have a volt-meter so I am not sure if power was getting to the motor or not.

if the motor was hot would it be the motor being dead?
Robert

Hi,

If it is HOT, could be bad motor or insufficient airflow over motor such as a dirty condenser coil.

I can give ordering info for motor and run capacitor if you would like.

Just let me know.

Thanks,
Robert