Colman model-7680A Propane

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Dan_K55

I live in Laporte, Colorado at an elevation of 5,060 ft. My furnace has a very inefficient orange and blue flame. I believe that it was possible it was never de-rated for the altitude. Instructions state that the furnace should be de-rated 4% for every 1000 feet above sea level, the orifice drill size is 41. Without removing the orifice from the furnace I don't know the number. Please advise and thank you.

Dan
Robert

Hi Dan,

I'll have to look through my old service manuals and see if I can find info on your furnace specs.

With what you stated, I would advise you to call an hvac tech out for proper diagnosis.

Improper firing can be dangerous and should be handled by someone in person.

The LP orifice listed is .096, but that is at sea level.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Dan_K55

Robert, Thanks for checking the info for me. I had a tech come out and a 100 dollars later, I have a fine furnace with orange flames. I think that no one wants to fine tune it because it age. Again thanks! Dan
Robert

Hi Dan,

That's great and you're very welcome, happy to help.

Yep, we get a bit shy about gas furnaces after a certain number of years.

Safety issues and efficiency issues come into play, but sometimes it can turn out ok.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?