DGAA077BDTB- limit switch open?

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

MeganB

Hello, sorry if this is a stupid question, I'm not very handy and I couldn't quite find anything by searching.
I have the DGAA077BDTB model which will only start if I turn it off, then back on. Then the furnace will power on, and the air will blow but it's cold. Then it will stop after 5 minutes or so and won't go back on. It's flashing 4 times which means "limit switch open" but I have no idea what that means. My furnace has not been used for months and worked fine last time it was used. If anyone can help that would be great. :)
Robert

Hi,

Due to it being a safety switch tripping and furnace not being used for months, it needs to be inspected and serviced by an hvac tech.

May just be a limit with weakened/worn contacts, but also could be a true safety problem.

Please call for service and be safe this winter.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?