Problems with furnace staying lit

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

MikeMc

I have a model 7975-856 furnace. It only gets used maybe 5 times a season as the mobile home is a getaway place. It has not been used all that much. I can light the pilot and the furnace will come on. I went to fire it up this weekend so to be prepared before the cold weather hits. The pilot lit the burner, but after about 10 seconds of normal fire, the burner became supercharged, you could hear the sound difference and see that it was getting too much gas. It went to auto shutoff. I just had hooked it up to a new 100# tank. Would the valve on the outside, by the tank be broken or should I look elsewhere? What type of regulator valve should I have on the outside? I did replace the thermocouple last year. I only get over to the place 1-2x a month.
Robert

Hi Mike,

I would call an hvac company or the LP Gas Co. to come look at it due to LP being so volatile.

Not worth chancing an explosion or injury trying to figure out what is wrong from here.

Too easy to overlook something that could get you hurt and that I do not want to happen.

You would need to know what the incoming gas pressure to gas valve is from the tank.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?