Coleman Furnace DGAT056BDC

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

loganslady

The booster motor on my furnace continuously runs (for the most part) only when I turn my heater on not with the A/C. I do not have the money to hire someone so I need to know if there is something I can do to troubleshoot this first.
Robert

Hi,

The booster motor is supposed to run for the entire heating cycle whenever the heat is on.

It does not run in the a/c mode.

Thanks for inquiring,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
loganslady

I know it doesnt run while on AC but it continues to run even after the heat has kicked off and the blower stops. Tonight I put it up to 72 and it did shut off so I do not know if it has a limit or its a fluke or what. Am going to pay attention to it to see if it only shuts off at a certain temp, etc...
Robert

Hi,

Most likely sticking contacts on the booster relay which controls the booster motor on/off functions.

Booster Relay # 7956-3671 can be seen and ordered through PayPal from right side of page here:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ColemanGas.html

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?