Coleman Evcon DGAT070BDE Ser #980963806

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

jscolfax6

Ok I'm losing my mind here trying to sell the house.. went to fire up the furnace after sitting all summer and it wont run. The furnace will click, hum quietly and then click again, shutting it self off. The trouble light is blinking 3 times stating that the "combustion air switch" is failing to close. I sent an email to see what the part number was for the switch and I was informed that mine has a built in centrifugal switch inside the booster motor. Which is kinda my bad luck because it went from a $50 part to $150 part. Anyways before I purchase a new Booster motor from you, I was wanting to eliminate any other possible sources to my problem. Could this be a circuit board issue? How much voltage should be coming to the switch. I am assuming that because mine does not have a "combustion air switch" that the 2 blue wires running to the bottom booster motor (labeled as the "combustion air switch" on the diagram) are for the centrifugal switch. I tried your tech tip of spinning the motor around by hand (and prayed that it worked) , but had no success. So now I am back to dumping money into a house I am trying to get rid of, and I want to dump as little as possible... So if you could direct me in the right direction ASAP I would appreciate it so I could order the new correct part from you get it replaced and get my house sold!
Robert

Hi,

You should have 120vac across the two BLACK wires to motor.

You have 24vac across the two blue wires to the centrifugal switch.

The booster motor with switch is $106.74.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?