Releveled, now to install outriggers

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

NMarie

Just had my single wide releveled this sunday. Always wondered why it felt like I was heading downhill when I walked to the front of the house, now I know. The front corner was 2" lower than the high end at the rear and 1" off from one I-beam to the other. I was really lucky also, and none of the relatively new windows were racked due to the leveling. The front door latch needs a little adjustment and now the curtain rods in the front room and side window need to be releveled. The guys that did the level used a water level like in Mark's manuel and it cost me about $250.

Now I'm ready to look at installing additional outriggers to support the new kitchen and bathroom cabinets I want to install. Problem is I have joists that run the length of the trailer not across the width, and I do not think the 36" outriggers will be long enough to reach out to the rim joist (?sill plate). The instructions I have found on the outriggers indicate that the end extending to the outer wall should be set 6" in from the exterior, but I do no have any joist at that point.

Here is another type of support. Quickjack,http://www.mobilehomepartsstore.com/quickjackflyer.pdf
Has anyone used this type? It looks like it will not get in the way of the skirting.
Yanita

Hi,

Hmmm, it appears that your question did not post, could you please try again...

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!