Centrifugal switch stuck open

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Subaru

Ok, I have read the other posts, and just want to make sure I have good info!
I have a coleman model DGAT070BDD.
My indicator light is flashing 3 times, for the cent. switch being open.
We just turned the heat on 3 days ago after not using it all summer, and it seemed to work fine the first time.
Now the fans work, a/c works, but when the heat is turned on, it sounds like it's about to work, then shuts off.
Will replacing the motor/switch fix the problem? or could it be something with the circuit board?

And could this be related to the heat exchange recall on these furnaces? We had it repaired for that about a year ago.
Thanks for any help!!
Robert

Hi,

I cannot give a definative answer on that from here. The booster motor comes on first and has to run at a certain rpm to close the cent. switch.

IF motor is running smooth and it seems normal speed, air pipe is straight and undamged, unclogged and you have 24vac to motor cent. switch,,,,,,,,,,,,,, then it is most likely the cent. switch inside the motor, but I cannot gaurantee it.

The recall repair shouldn't have an effect, but again, I'm not there and do not do those warranty repairs to know what all is done.

You could call and ask them, whoever did the repair.

Not much help unfortunately, but not a cut and dried answer to be had from here.

Thanks for inquiring,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?