Lost plumbing pipes???

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

kamiller73

Hey guys.. so recently i posted the water heater drama topic and got that part figured out. But, the guy who came over to fix it said he's never seen the hot and cold pipes that spider web off to all the other places in the house to be in the closet with the water heater. He said it should be under the house. So nosey me, I went looking to see if those pipes actually run under the house and couldn't find them. lol :wink: I do have a diagram of how a mobile home is put together and noticed the plumbing is next to the a/c ducts in the floor. Is this correct? We are in a 1985 single wide 16x66. And then wondered if - one day - i changed the gray plumbing to a newer type would it be as easy as attaching the new pipes to the old gray ones and them pulling them through the floor that way so i don't have to rip up the floors..?? lol Hope that makes since. Has anyone done this or can tell me your opinion?? Thanks and have a good day!!!
kamikaze
Greg

Plumbing is traditionally run near the ducts, more for the heat than the A/C In the cold areas that's what keep the pipes from freezing. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
JD
Site Admin

When you replumb, you certainly can put the plumbing in the floor instead of what you got there. I see this a lot in mobile homes. Seems with a bathroom on one side of the water heater compartment and the utility room on the other, it is just easier for them to go through the walls. I did a cabinet job where they went through the wall and 3 cabinets to reach the sink. They spliced into the washer's hot and cold.

Anyways, when I replumb water lines, I do it all from underneath. All except the shut offs and supply lines of course. You have to open up and then repair the underbelly. If it is in good shape, sometimes you can just take it loose from the rim joist and not cut it. I have used the old plumbing to "fish" the new pipe through, but not very often. It is usually not too difficult to just run the line through the same space the old plumbing was in.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
yourpcguy73

you could tape the ends together and pull the new lines thru like when replacing wires.
but youll need all new fittings and a crimper.
you cant reuse the old fittings cus there diff sizes.
i dont use the flex tubing.
i used pvc in my trailer so the routing was diff.