Delayed by snow....

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Yanita

Mark, JD, Greg and Robert....

I was suppose to be home this afternoon...well I am still in Pennsylvania! Now I clearly remember why I live in the south! The Monte has about 6 inches of snow on it, frozen at that with all season radial tires. I am in the Allegheny mountain regions so I am stuck here another day at least.

Route 56 is my route out of here...yeah right, it was closed down today!

Soooo, I will not get any regs done at this time, Mark, can you give JD a hand please.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Greg

And when the temperature warms the Monte (and you) will still be there. Can you say the same after a hurricane??? Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Greg

Looking at the radar for the area, you are in a classic lake effect snow band. It doesn't look too wide, 30 miles or so. That is what we deal with all the time here, it can be snowing 4"/hr. in one town and the sun shining 10 miles away. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Harry

Hi Greg

I saw one of them snow things on the TV a time or two. LOL

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?
Yanita

Whew, I am back...

Going down a mountain the locals call Grand Daddy mountain was a little nerve racking. I am used to driving in the snow/sleet/ice but I also know when to stay parked! As I said, my car has all season radials, when I lived in the North I ran Nokia Hawkapaletas (sp), best studded tires you could buy!

Got up this AM, cleaned off the car, boots got full of snow, the spoiler prevents you from brushing the snow off the trunk, and the windshield washer fluid was froze solid! Annnd, I couldn't open the darn trunk cause it was froze also! Thank goodness I remembered to fill the tank before I parked the night before.

Greg, I can not really compare a hurricane and a snow storm, but I can say this... I won't roll over a mountain side in a hurricane. Annnnd it's really warm during a hurricane!

Glad to be home, but it does not feel any warmer than Pennsylvania!

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!