My Curtain Rods Keep Falling Off...

Come share your ideas for sprucing up your property.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

imKarenM

...and my son is getting discouraged. Can someone tell us how to make them stick to the wall? My friend made pretty curtains for the living room, and she showed us the double rods (for the sheers underneath). It was nice while, it lasted. But then I had to gently move the curtain to see outside and the rod came loose. :(
Greg

It sounds like you need to use either hollow wall anchors or you will have to find the studs. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Yanita

Hi,

This is a common occurrence in a mobile home. Typically the rod holders were not anchored into a stud, rather just the thin wall board.

The quick fix is to get wall anchors. You will want the metal ones. They may or may not fit into the hole already made by the previous hangers, if not usually a gentle tap with a hammer will set them into place. The wall anchors come with instructions on the package, all you will need is a hammer and a screw driver.

Or, for more money you can trim your windows out with some wood trim, it can be anything from plain to fancy, whatever your budget allows. This is not real hard to do either.

If you want further instructions let us know.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!