treadmills

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

milo2145

ok - i would love to get a treadmill, a nice heavy duty one i can run on.
my husband says it will end up being a clothes hanger, and his other excuse is you cannot have a treadmill in a mobile home because it is too heavy, and the running and bouncing would damage the floor.
is he trying to put me off or is this true?
thanks lol
sd0321

Hello,

I don't think a treadmill would be too heavy or cause any damage to your floors....but if I was you I would get an electronic one and not a manual one.

I bought a manual treadmill, and it was so much work to run on it.....within minutes I worked up a sweat. It was a real workout.

It wasn't fun. And you don't tend to do things that aren't fun.

Of course, divorce was a real weight loss eye opener for me.....I weighed about 145 four years ago when I was married, and weigh about, well I weighed myself two days ago at work, so exactly, 123 pounds now..... and that's up two pounds from a month ago....I'd like to gain about ten pounds.

But I wouldn't advise divorce as a way to lose weight......although, if you have a meat and potatoes kind of guy living with you, well, you may gain weight....Just get the treadmill and go for it......if you feel good about you, everything else will just fall into place....Good luck to you, Sherry
Yanita

Hi,

He is putting you off LOL, or maybe hoping to keep himself off the treadmill. If you enjoy tv make sure you can see one while you or someone else is using the machine, you can usually walk farther that way!

Good luck,

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
sd0321

I agree with Yanita.....he is probably trying to keep himself off of a treadmill.....you go for it.....and you will feel great about yourself....and in doing so, he will feel pretty good about the way you are starting to look too......and maybe better about your whole relationship.....best of luck to you, Sherry
Greg

I can see both sides here (and been on both sides). To address the floor issue, If there are any doubts as to how strong the floor is, lay some plywood down first. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Harry

Hi

I get my bride anything she wants.

We have a treadmill for about 4 years now.

I put a 13" TV on top of the 4drawer file cabinet which is located just in back of the treadmill console.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?