trailer

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

redtop

Does any one know about the trailers made by American, Ive tried searching on web and nothing comes up, mine is a 1955
Yanita

Hi,

Welcome to the site!

I will send out a few PM's to see if I can locate a link for you that may help. In the mean time, hey members anyone got that link that Maureen used sooooo long ago, it had brands of homes and you could cross reference who built what brands....???

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
redtop

Thanks a lot. I would just like to know as much about it as possible. My trailer is so old its falling apart so Im trying to remodel it and fix the things my x let go when we rented it. Ive started on the kitchen, and its looking really nice. Again thank you
Greg

I think this is the one Yanita was talking about.

http://www.mobilehome.net/Tradename/index.htm

It is very possible if not very likely that the builder is long gone. In the 80's HUD got involved in the mobile home industry and created a "standard" for the manufacturers to follow. Many builders simply closed their doors rather than build to the standards, the funny thing is that many builders were already exceeding the HUD standards. Greg
Last edited by Greg on Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
redtop

Thank you, your right, mine is built really well or it would of fallen apart long ago. Plus it has a roof over because of leaks in the past so that helps against further damage rain wise.
Yanita

Hi,

Yup, that is the link that I was thinking of...Thanks Greg for looking through the Archives. LOL, I just put in in favorites to retain it for future use.

Anyways, redtop, you would do yourself a great favor and purchase Marks repair manual in the books/parts link at the top of the page. Greg is correct about HUD, but the homes are still built about the same.

I will leave you with another great link about how these homes are put together...

http://mygreathome.com/fix-it_guide/diagram.htm

Merry Christmas,

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
redtop

that is the first thing I did ,buy the book, just waiting to get it. my boyfriend has a MH, he had to put in a faucit, I did it for him, he doesnt know how to repair much, Im replacing door nob today. He tried couldnt do it dont know what he was doing wrong so I asked him if I could try, told him I know what Im doing done it before. LOL