How much is too much to pay for 1964 Skyline Homette trailer

Whether it's NASCAR or your family vacation, talk about anything here!

Moderators: Greg, Mark, JD

Jean

I have no experience in the pricing of trailers. Can someone give me any information and advice.

Thanks,

Jean
Greg

Jean, Hi & welcome. How much??? Very tough question to answer. There are a LOT of factors to think about.

Obviously the first is over all condition. Yanita has a "sticky" post in the repair section of the forum of the site.

Location, any land? If it's in a park, the quality of the park is a major factor.

Keep in mind here in NY, ANYTHING that is livable is worth a $1000. It's funny that you ask about that particular home since I have the same one next door that was just sold for a dollar (after he rented it for 3 years). I would value his in the $4000 range. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Greg S

The value really depends on the market you are in. As with anything you will need to research the local market, comparison shop to get an idea of what homes sell for.
In Canada, as an example, I would have to pay upwards of $20,000 for the same home that would sell in Florida for maybe $3000.

Not knowing your local market can be costly. Recently a home sold in my park for $68,000 that should not have sold for a cent over $45,000. The buyer unfortunately knew nothing about mobile homes and bought the first one she saw at a ridiculous asking price.
Yanita

Hi,

Your right, location, location, location...here in eastern NC you can get something of that vintage for 500.00...LOL, wait until a week latter and they will almost pay you to haul it away. It can be in perfectly good living condition and the terms will still be the same.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Harry

Hi

Yep...It's a location specific issue.

Down here I've seen MHs like that for free and all you pay is lot rent.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?