FREEZING today. Coleman #DGAA077BDTA 3 flashes issue.

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

lisaltang

I am new to this forum, but can see that it is a very resourceful and useful site for us mobile home owners. I am sitting here at 7am EST in the cold having been woken up from my sleep due to the cold temperature of my house. I have a Coleman DGAA077BDTA and finally researched and read up on the flash code and code reference guide. Our furnace is newer and has been working just fine up to this winter season. Lately, we found that it just stops working. We re-set it, wait 5 minutes, and slowly turn the thermostat on and it starts working again, but then it sporadically stops working. We thought it was a short somewhere, but we are not electric-savvy so we just kept re-setting it all winter so far to force it to work. This morning, my little trick did not work. Upon taking the covers off and taking a look, I see that it is now flashing 3 flashes which means a "combustion air switch failed to close." Is there anything I can do to fix this on my own? Please keep in mind that I am a 26 year old single female and do not have any experience with heaters and electronics. My fiance is at work and won't be home until the late afternoon and he is unable to help me right now. It is 5-degrees outside here in Michigan and I need this repaired ASAP. Should I just call a furnace service company and have them fix it? We aren't in the best financial state right now and I really can't afford to pay someone an arm and leg to come out and fix it, but I also don't know if I can figure out how to fix this myself. Thanks for any help you can provide me.
Lisa Tang - lisaltang@yahoo.com
Mathwei

The pressure switches on those are known for "going bad" and it is a part number S1-02541003000. Depending on what city you are in there may be a mobile home supply house that may sell you the switch.

Also, there may be a Johnstone Supply that would most likely have the part but may or may not sell to home owners, their part number L39-450.
lisaltang

Thank you for getting back to me with this posting. Given that I can get my hands on the part, is this something that a normal layman with no furnace/electrical experience might be able to replace or should I just leave this job to the experts and get charged an outrageous amount? Anyone have experience and might be able to describe or walk me through this? I managed to finally get the furnace going again today, but since this happens frequently and we are experiencing an abnormally cold winter, I would rather fix the problem than keep working around it. Thanks for any help I can get!
lisaltang

UPDATE: I did find the part with the part number a member provided me. I can order it online for only $36 and have it shipped directly to me... I just don't know if I should purchase it if I don't know how to install it?
Robert

Hi Lisa,

Pressure Switch # 024-27666-001 can be seen and ordered through

PayPal from left side here if still needed :

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ColemanGas.html

Problem could be the pressure switch, pressure tubes, booster motor or vent air pipe.

Most common is the pressure switch.

Remove two tubes, one at a time and place on new switch, then the two wires, then remove screws and mount new switch.

Turn power off first.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
lisaltang

I did take a look at the assembly and thought that might be how to do it, but now since I have confirmation, I can order the part and fix this annoying issue. I have been dealing with a COLD home for the past week... I will order and replace ASAP. Thank you so much for this information and for taking the time to share and inform. I greatly appreciate it!
Robert

Hi Lisa,

You're very welcome, happy to help. Sorry for delay in answering, been sick and got way behind on these and emailed questions, so playing catch up.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Jacque

Robert, I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate your very quick and helpful advice to Lisa. I have the same issue and I have tried to replace the Air Pressure Switch, I had one sent to me but it was # S1-2541003000 and it is not the correct part. Our part number (from the furnace) is 824-27666-000 so I am going to try to get the one you mentioned.
Anyway...I am not writing for advice, just to thank you because you probably help many more people like me who don't actually write to ask you questions.
Thanks!
Robert

Hi Jacque,

You're very welcome, happy to help.

Thanks,
Robert