Wierd Kitchen faucet problem

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

wislndixie

Recently moved into a 1993 Southern Energy MH. When I turned on both hot and cold faucet, my pressure would drop and I'd get a wierd noise. If I only turned on either the hot or cold, it seem to work fine. I replaced the sink and installed a new faucet and I still have the same problem. I have a two handle faucet, I've got the older grey tubing that I conntected into my new faucet supply lines. All the other faucets in the house work perfect and have plenty of pressure, even the bathroom at the far end of the home has great pressure. Any suggestions?
Mike
Greg

Hi & welcome. You no doubt have some sort of blockage, the trick will be finding it. It is going to take some checking, and taking things apart. Since it is a new faucet, the aeriator (screen on the stem) should not be plugged, but check it any way, they just unscrew.

Nwxt I would go the the connections on the faucet. Shut the water off, remove the lines from the faucet, and have someont turn the water back on and see if you you have a good flow into a bucket. If you have the Grey plastic shutoff valves in the lines to the faucet, they could be the problem, I have had a lot of problems with them. I use Brass ball valves, 1/4 turn, no problems.

Continue on towards the water source untill you find full flow. It is also possible that a line is kinked also. So do a good visual inspection first. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
wislndixie

Thanks Greg for your reply. Using some logic, I would assume that if I disconnect the water lines to the faucet, then turn them back on and check for pressure and water flow into a bucket. If it's good flow and good pressure, then my problem would have to be in the small supply lines from the faucet or the faucet itself..correct? lol
Greg

Correct. About all you can do is work your way back to where you have good pressure.

A few years back we had a guy that pulled his hair out trying to find the problem, He finally found a MARBEL in a fitting after taking half of the plumbing in the house apart. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."