Constantly Running Fan with Heat

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

GD

Hello,

Fortunately happened upon your website via a google search and am hopeful that you can relay some advice/input for my situation. I have been experiencing the constantly running fan syndrome (immediate ON and with heat) for the past week. Thinking this might have been due to a faulty T-stat, I opted to replace the original Robertshaw D 34000 with a newer Honeywell RTH221B (programmable). Simple two wire hookup but no change/response to any of the T-stat programs. The furnace is a Coleman model # 3120B751 in a late 70's mobile home. Currently shutting the system off via the breaker. I've done an archive search here but nothing specific to my model. Relays or switches? Appreciate your help/advice...

TIA Greg (Seattle area :? )
Mark
Site Admin

Hi,

Sorry about being slow to answer. When your blower runs, do you also get a little bit of heat with it? If so, replace your sequencer. Part number 3120A3571. Another issue could be your relay, part number 3115A3301. Parts can be ordered here: http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ColemanElec.html

Mark
You can't fail if you don't try!
GD

Thanks for that info Mark. Actually have a couple of additional questions please.Seems like the heat is around 70-72 and actually becomes fairly warm shortly afterwards, make sense? At any rate are both the sequencer and relay fairly accesible and would it be best to do the r/r of the sequencer before the relay...

Thanks again, Greg
Robert

Hi Greg,

Yes and yes. Both are in controls area beside/behind/above elements.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?