I need a new tub

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

930dreamer

I Googled and found the answer. Hello all. Spring is in the air and I need to do some repairs. I want to replace my tub/shower. The tub bottom has some soft spots. Is this going to be a mobile home supply item only? Tub has styrofoam bottom. Check out this drain hole cut out. tub is 27 1/4" X 54". Floor will need to be replaced also.Image
JD
Site Admin

If the toilet is already close to the tub and you cannot or so not want to move it, then yes, it will have to be a mobile home tub or shower pan. There needs to be a minimum distance of 15" from the center of the toilet to a tub, vanity or wall.

If you have enough space, you can get a 54x30 porcelain/steel type tub at plumbing supply stores and sometimes your big home improvement stores. If they do not have one in stock, they should be able to order one for you. I get them in my area for about $150. Being a steel tub, they are very sturdy.

John
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
Greg

Our Lowes stocks 1 54" fiberglass tub, around $200. With the price of shipping it would still be cheaper than ordering from MH supply co. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."