Need help "Affixing" mobile to my land

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

AlanF

I cant find any specifics for my area on their definition of an "affixed" mobile home. I need some help on search terms or past experiences. I am in northern Alberta, Canada. The frost line is 4' sub-grade so there goes all my "easy" solutions.
I would like to sell my place this year, and it wont be easy to do so unless its converted to "real property" by "affixing" it to the land.

Here comes the kicker, I can NOT raise the home. I would have to move my carport and addition, which are existing non-conforming structures. Moving them would be an alteration, and the only alterations I can do must bring them to code...which I cant because they are right on the property line.
DigitalDreams

Affixed here where I live means either frostline perimeter foundation or tied down and on frostline piers approx every 3 feet or four which is what I sit on 36 of them to be exact.
That would require raising your place for piers I would assume completely off the point it sits but you may want to check and see if a perimeter foundation to frost line with
floating slab poured over it and house anchored to it and slab attached by periodic rebar to perimeter foundation would classify as permanent.
That would be easy to do because digging around perimeter would not disturb home supports and once you are done house could be raised and suspended over it temporarily while floating slab is poured.
DigitalDreams

Other alternative would be to support house in present position over some house beams and have a basement put under it the beams would stay as support and you would add about double square
footage to residence,but then you would have to decide where to put the stairs to the basement
and my suggestion there is lose a closet or small
bed room and gain one in the basement.
AlanF

cant raise it tho....
A steel screw pile is considered permanent here...except I cant get under it to screw em in 10' deep.
Its starting to sound like my best bet is a 4'deep footing that spans perpendicular across the trailer with steel piles bolted on top for the chassis to be welded/bolted to. Im sure that will be acceptable on 8' centers running down the trailer.

Being Im in oil country we have many hydro-vac excavating companies that could perform the excavation. After that I would have to frame up some forms and order subsequent concrete and a pump truck to hose it in there.

I am just checking to see if anyone has a better idea, like a magic solution hah.
Thanks for the reply
AlanF

I could always look into adding a partial basement/strip footing combo.

I have a 1973 14x66 with a bubble top tin roof on a city lot, between two brand new houses across the street from a busy restaurant in a small town. I dont think Id be able to dig a full basement, that would mean the trailer would be here another ~40 years lol.
LoftyDreamer

Saw these recently>>http://www.suresafe.com/intro.htm (hope it helps).
I'm presently installing a pad & driveway on my property. Engineered stone pad would have been cheaper, but went with poured 6" pad, to help make it easier to sell in far-future for that same reason.