Paiting bathroom sink

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

kimber43

Hi I have a question, we have a 92 16 X 80 mobile home whose sinks are looking terrible. I think I used too strong of a cleaner on it and they started to peel and the dirt is impossible to wash off, it's like it's engrained in the plastic. My husband is disabled and i have to take care of him and he is unable to help with anything in the house and we can not afford a new sink (which would entale getting a new counter as well as our sink isn't available anymore) so I had the idea of painting the bathroom sinks. Any ideas out there on that? Would I make it look worse possibly. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Have a great weekend.

Kim
Greg S

Depending on the surface material there are refinish paints available but they do not hold up well and usually look worse in the end.
Try to find a replacement at a rehab store. If you are lucky you should be able to get a sink in a counter top that is close to the size you need at a reasonable price.
Robert

Hi,

Plastic style original mobile home sinks are available online. Last time I priced one it was about $30 plus shipping.

Mark has a link to this site here and they have his site linked on theirs:

http://ashvillemobilehomes.com/bat17x20ovwi.html

That is the oval poly/plastic bathroom sink.

Call Mark (owner of this site) Tuesday at toll free 1-877-263-7860 and see if he has them or can get them, his shipping is as low as I know of.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?