NO COLD AIR!!!

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

cece93

:oops:Every summer i go through the same thing where my a/c will not blow any cold air and I end up calling a prof to add refrigerant to my unit....this summer was no different...made the call, he added the freon, but NOTHING...no cold air!

The unit is old and all i can tell is that it's a Coleman Presidential II...the man told me i may have a weak compressor....but to replace that it will cost me $900...can't afford that , being a single mom and have 4 lil ones at home...

My question is:...is there any other steps i can check myself before giving in and buying window units?.....i have to say that i used a new professional this year since the one i used is no longer available also something different is that the blower is rattling quite a bit this year and hadn't last 2yrs I've lived there. HELP PLEASE!
SebasC

I have the same problem most of the summer, It will take almost FOREVER to finally get cold air...
Robert

Hi,

Go here and try these steps :

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/article ... ioner.html

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/article ... lower.html

That will cover ensuring the outside condenser is clean, the indoor a-coil, blower motor and blower wheel is clean.

It will also allow inspection of blower assembly to see if it is causing the noise.

Hope this helps.

Sebastion,

The reason for it taking so long in your situation is due to not being able to call an hvac tech combined with zero DIY experience or knowledge in hvac or electrical troubleshooting.

Please refrain from discouraging others who may not be in same category as yourself.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?