A problem that has been "bug"ing me.

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

killem2

My wife, two kids, and I went looking for a new place to live saw someone giving away a trailer. We though "free" no way. So we went and checked it out. We figured out why it was "free" because it was in such horrible condition. Here's a list:

- Bugs, Bugs, and More bugs. The person who was here before us was a compete mental case. Dog and cat feces in bags in the bathroom, unrine stained carpets, and needless to say roaches and ants, and every other form of nasty bug you could think of was in here.

- Floors were rotted, electric was bad.

- Skirting had tons of holes.

- Plumbing was bad.

This was in Nov of 08 so we did not move in right away. The lot rent was cheap so we paid it for a few month and waited for our tax return.

The winter here in Nebraska was really bad, so the bugs left. No food, no heat, freezing temps they were not sticking around. I bombed the trailer with three bombs and that pretty much did it.

We redid the plumbing, electrical, floors, paneling, insulation did a hole work over.

I'm not exactly sure the size but it is single wide, and it is a "Duke" from like 1972" or something.

Anyway, in the last 2 months ants have been bothering us really bad. We've done the pellets, and the spray and it has cut down on a lot of the smaller ants and very few and far between big ants come in now.

Last night to our horror, she saw a roach going across our tv, killed it and now we at a fork.

Her father in law used to work for a big chain in florida that dealt with lawncare on mass scale (businesses, golf courses ect) as well as crops. So he's got a very very strong Insecticide that he is going to let me spray but I want to know where I should be doing this.

Base of the skirting is obvious, what about inside? Roof?

Also we are going to let off some bombs, and I wanted to ask if I turn off the gas and kill the breaker box, can I put bombs under the trailer?

Any advice is welcome we want these pests to go away and stay away![/list][/list]
killem2

Well only a few more days till we start the process.

Anyone know if it is safe to bomb under the trailer?
Greg

Check the instructions. I would think that as long as ALL ignition sources are off and no humans or pets are in the area you should be safe. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Yanita

Hi,

I have done this...these bombs are flammable, so I shut off the electric and the gas. Follow the instructions on the can! All pets must be out of the home.

I touched off a bomb in every room, and repeated the same amount of cans under the home. I prefer to do the inside and underneath at the same time. If bugs are going to relocate I prefer they leave the residence. By doing both areas at the same time they won't come up or simply go down.

JMO,
Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Popsicle_toes

Bombs did nothing for us here in MO, found an organic spray called bugs r gone online, did a world of good on both ants and roaches and was safe as well! :D
Doni
proud owner of doni's dump!