Simple skirt removal?

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

Norm

I just recently bought my first mobile home (a '97 double-wide) and though I've managed to pry my way into a section of the skirting and got a peek of the front halves of my home, I have yet to be able to get decent access to the back halves where all the utilities are..

There is no access panel near the water/sewer lines that I have been able to locate and unsnapping panels from one another and prying them out from the top and bottom rails seems to be a lot more "challenging" than it should be...

I kind of had the suspicion that I should remove the interlock panel from the top and slide them up and out like I think is shown in C5 here:
http://www.mobilehomepartsstore.com/vin ... ation.html

Soooo.... - I guess my question is.. - Do the panels interlock in such a way that its best to remove the top interlock panel and slide them up and out or do they really just "unsnap" from one another somehow? (They seem to lock together pretty darn well...)

Thanks (again!)
Norm

:)

PS - OH, also.. - Do the interlock panels usually slide back and forth enough that I shouldn't have to peel back huge sections of it? - Does it usually pop off and on fairly smooth without having to beat the snot out of it / use any special tools??
Harry

Hi

Grab the top panel and pull out and up. It will snap up allowing you to slide the sections up.

Harry
Aside from the roof leak, soft floors, rats, mice and bursted plumbing ........ how do you like it?