Wallpaper Glue Residue

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

terrifromohio

Hello All
Removed wallborder form the middle of the living room and dining room. It was applied directly to the paint on the drywall which is textured. The paper came off but the glue did not, I used fabric softner, vingar and water, DIF, just water, everthing I can think of or read about. Ther paper came off barely. I am now left with a strip of yellow aroung the middle of the wall. the whole wall needs to be painted so not sure where to go from here. I had a guy look at it and he said he things they put it on with wood glue or Gorilla Glue not wallpaper paste.
What a mess I am beside myself. this is chair level throuout the whole dining room and living room. Any advice would be appreciated.
Brenda (OH)

4 x8 foot paneling, cut in 1/2 sheet or 1/3 sheet, (so is 4 ft wide, and 32 1/2 inches to 48 inches tall) can be prepainted, and installed over the residue, and topped with trim to make a terrific wainscoating. it is especially nice if you use the bead board type.

if you are lucky, the glue residue will be less than 33 inches high up the wall, and you can get three sections out of each 8 ft sheet.

Brenda (OH)