complete bathroom renovation second phase

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

kokie

Hi All,
Okay now we have removed all the old wet, rotten pressed board, by the way, we should all start a class action lawsuit on the manufactures who put this lousy board in our home. Anyway, that is another rant.
So we have exposed all the joist, and the plumbing. The joist are all in good shape, and are all cleaned off, so we have a level surface to place our new plywood.
But, we would like to do some plumbing changes. Now is the time. We would like to change the black plastic drain piping that runs along the wall above the floor over to the vanity. Is it advisable to run the drain piping under the floor through the joist and out? Or under the joist, but above the insulation? We live in southern BC, and do not get very cold temperature during the winter. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
GraceNC

Am beginning your same project this coming spring. And I'll be moving a toilet, moving the tub back 3 feet building a walk in shower and then where the old toilet location be placing a garden bathtub....so please update your progress as you go along.

Tips, tricks, and anything you found to make it easier...please post.
Greg

Usually it is run under the joist & above the insulation. I avoid cutting through the joists as much as possible to maintain the strength. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."