Coleman Furnace clicking but doesn't turn on

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Lynnlee

I just stopped by our summer home to check on it and when I first entered, I could hear the furnace trying to click on. It was making a clicking noise for maybe 30 seconds to a minute, then it would shut off, and 10 seconds later, it would do the same thing. The heat would not come on, though. This happened continuously until I shut the furnace off completely. I had the thermostat set at 54, yet, the temp inside was definitely warmer than that because the sunshine coming through the windows had warmed it up. I have no idea how long this has been going on as it's been about a week since we were out checking on our place. It has gotten considerably colder in the past few days so I'm thinking that this has been happening continually for at least three days. I'm wondering if there might be something wrong with the thermostat . . . and if so, should I replace it with another manual thermostat or a digital one? And are all thermostats compatible with a Coleman propane furnace?

Thanks for your help in advance. (Sorry I don't have a model number for you)
furnaceman

I need a make/ model number to help you since i am not there, due to the fact that there are different ignition systems, ect out there.
Lacking that, could u take and post pictures? to give some idea of what we are dealing with
Lynnlee

Yes, I will get the model number, sorry about that. I got home from the lake and decided to do some investigating online, which brought me to this site, so I wasn't prepared with the numbers. We are heading out there this weekend so I will get that information. Thanks.