Ductwork

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

kjmorgan

This forum has been so helpful! Thank you! I have another question related to the same water line bust: water poured into the air vent in the bathroom like Niagra Falls. I spent all day with a shop vac going vent-to-vent sucking water out (about 15 gallons). I have no way of knowing if I got it all. Also, one of the vents didn't have any metal bottom like the rest, only covered insulation which I ripped with the end of the vac before I realized what it was. Anyone know what could have happened at that vent and what do I do about it? Also, do I need to do anything else about the moisture in the ducts? I have been running my heater trying to dry them.
Greg

you are going about it the right way, about all you can do to finish drying them out is to run the fan. I would do some sheet metal work and get the duct sealed up to help prevent air leakage. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
JD
Site Admin

If this vented area with the insulation in it is running along the exterior wall, it may be an air return. Still needs to be dried out though.

JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.