Install a new thermostat on a DGAT090BDD

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

bonarow

I want to Install a vision pro 8000 on my furnace and BRHQ heat pump The heat pump has an outdoor stat wich I will replace with an outdoor sensor designed for my TSTAT In the original installation book for the Heat pump It states to remove the jumpers bars from the low voltage terminal board 3700 series that connect terminals W2, S1, and S2 when installing an outdoor TSTAT so do I need to replace these jumpers when I remove the outdoor TSTAT
Robert

Most likely. What does the manual show or say about it ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
bonarow

The manual says to remove them when u install the outdoor stat so Im guessing when u remove the stat you have to replace the jumpers Also I tried to force my unit into defrost mode by shorting across pins all it does I hear a slight clicking close to compressor IT doesnt stop the fan or anything is it possible my defrost board is faulty have been having some outdoor freezeups on outdoor unit
Robert

Hi,

It is possible. As you will notice, I don't give a lot of DIY info for heat pumps. Reason is they are a different breed and very easy to mess up and bring a very costly repair price.

Best to get an hvac tech with heat pump experience to correctly diagnose it.

Thanks,
Robert
www.mobilehomerepair.com
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?