Coleman Model 7975-856

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Elwood

Hello...and thanks for the site,it's a godsend.

Here's my issue:I have a Coleman 7975-856 (Propane).I got a new supply of fuel after a long period of none.I turned on the heat this morning,and I heard the burners ignite,and heat up....but the blower never came on.I turned it off,and went to work.

When I got home tonight,I tried again...nothing.

The pilot is lit,I can hear a slight hum near the fan switch inside,but other than that,nothing.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Robert

Hi,

Set t-stat to call for heat and when this occurs, reach in carefully and spin the blower wheel in proper direction of turn and see if the motor kicks off and runs a complete cycle.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Elwood

I'm home form work now,and I just tried it.....nothing.It won't budge in either direction.

Should I start pricing a new motor now?

:mrgreen:
Robert

Hi,

It won't budge as in it won't turn any at all or it will spin, but the motor won't kick in and run ?

If you can spin the wheel, but motor won't engage, then may just need a new run capacitor.

However, if you cannot turn the wheel any, then motor is probably bad.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Elwood

Robert wrote:Hi,

It won't budge as in it won't turn any at all or it will spin, but the motor won't kick in and run ?

If you can spin the wheel, but motor won't engage, then may just need a new run capacitor.

However, if you cannot turn the wheel any, then motor is probably bad.

Thanks,
Robert
I can't turn it at all.

What's the degree of difficulty to replace it myself?
Robert

Not too bad, do you have central heat only or heat and a/c ?

Thanks,
Robert
Elwood

Robert wrote:Not too bad, do you have central heat only or heat and a/c ?

Thanks,
Robert
Central heat only.
Robert

Hi,

Blower Motor # 7966 - 311P can be seen and ordered through PayPal from left side of this page:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ColemanGas.html

Price is $99.00 + $8.00 shipping .

You may want to call toll free to 1-877-263-7860 and order by credit card and inquire to ensure your old motor mount will work with this motor. It is the recommended replacement, but in the data it says additional parts needed.

That often means possibly needing a different motor mount.

Thanks,
Robert
Elwood

Just a quick update:I ended up paying someone else to do it,the motor was bad,but so was the reset switch.

I saved 70.00 by coming here first,because I was able to tell the person that it was the motor.

So,thanks!!
Robert

Hi,

You're very welcome, happy to help. Please keep in mind though in the future, that the services offered here cost money and the sale of parts helps to keep this website and services available.

Thanks,
Robert
Elwood

Oh I will....the only reason it got done the way it did was the fact that time was a factor.I'm sure I'll have upcoming projects in the future,and those will be DIY.....
Robert

:D
Elwood

Elwood wrote:I'm sure I'll have upcoming projects in the future,and those will be DIY.....
Evidently,the future is now.I went to turn up the heat,and nothing.Same symptoms as before,except this time the blower motor spun freely.I tried to reset it using the reset switch,and the pilot went out.What is the best way to re-light the pilot without blowing everything up?The knob for lighting the pilot is currently in the "off" position.I put it to "off" just in case.I should probably also add that it's very windy here,and will be for the next few days.

Edited to add: I just tried to re-light the pilot,with no success.There's basically a draft that just blows the flame out when I try.
Robert

Hi,

Is your roof jack extended above the peak of roof ?

Does it have an all weather cap on it ?

Lighting instructions should be on data sticker or nameplate, easier with it in front of you.

Thanks,
Robert
Elwood

I'm not afraid to admit when I make a stupid mistake.

The pilot wouldn't light because.........I was out of propane.

Everything is fine now. 8)