is my blower motor the right one/size?

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

spinroyd

I have an 1100 sq foot mobile home in the desert. The coleman furnace is a 3500A820 with an A coil rated at 4 tons. The blower is 8" X 10" with GE motor 5CKPE9KGM9465 1075 RPM an 1/3 hp. It is wired on high. Is this the right/enough motor for AC? In the summer heat, when first ariving, the house won't cool down ( stays around 90) until after sunset, and will then maintain a fine cool temp. I don't think the fan is pushing enough air. Another web site says to maybe use a 1625 RPM motor for increased air flow and maybe faster cooling. What is the forums opinion on this? :?:
spinroyd

bench tested my blower today. The motor capacitor is rated 7.5 uf 370 volts. When I measured the capacitance it read 3.5 uf. I added 3uf more temporary capcitors and the motor ran faster. I thought the capcitor was for starting only?
Robert

Hi,

Run Capacitor # G21 - 933 can be seen and ordered through PayPal from right side of this page:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/Generic ... ml#catalog

The run capacitor is for the entire cycle. The motor is correct.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?