Furnae Question

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Jaime Blasingim

Hi again, ok kinda a repost, but we have bought a different furnace from the last question, which obviously isn't working either! It's a Coleman model # DGAA070BDTA, the BTU hr output is 56,000, BDU HR input is 70,000 (not sure if this info is needed, thought I'd include it just in case.) Ok, when the electric ignition ignites, it only stays lit for a second after the blower kicks on, then it goes out & will periodically light for about 2 seconds and go right back out for even longer (maybe 30 seconds to a minute). As you can probably tell, I'm a girl, know nothing about furnaces, but really need heat! The diagnostic code says "ignition failure." We did check for spider eggs, there were some webs and tried to clean them out of the gas valve??? Any info is really appreciated, I really wanna be back in my home for the holidays, also, none of our vents are damaged as far as we can tell. Please help!
Robert

Hi,

Ok, so you have removed furnace from other thread question and now have this furnace installed ?

Did you get the main burner orifice cleared of the spider/web/eggs ?

The ignitor glows about 30 to 35 seconds, then gas valve opens for about 6 seconds.

If the flame sensor (ignitor may be flame sensor also) doesn't sense a good flame, gas valve closes.

If it does sense a good flame, gas valve remains open.

In order to properly knmow what yours is or isn't doing, you will need to call an hvac tech out to inspect, test and diagnose the problem.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?