Coleman 8665D766 81,000btu blower motor...

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Como Depot

Hi there,
The repair guy just left and my antique Coleman has been revived. I appreciate him getting it back on it's feeble legs but he highly recommended that the blower motor and fan assembly be replaced. I certainly believe they do need replacing (the fan sounds like an airplane taking off and the motor he started again by cleaning around it and spinning it w/ his screw driver) but he indicated that the motor would be $200 and fan $400, another $300 to install. I checked the prices for Coleman parts on this site and that seems high. So two questions:

1. Which Coleman parts would I order to fit this relic, if at all possible?
2. My husband or son-in-law are quite handy, could they replace these parts?

We don't plan on living in the trailer much longer than 2 years and don't want the expense of replacing the entire unit. That said, we live in Colorado at 10,000 feet and extremely high winter winds, so during w/o is not a pleasant circumstance.

Thanks for whatever help you can provide....
The Como Depot
Robert

Hi,

Is the central furnace blower for just heat only or do you have a/c also ?

Yep, those prices are ludicrous. Even the $300 labor, you can change out a blower and blower wheel in about 30 minutes.

I hate to think what you have already paid him.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Como Depot

Hi Robert,
Thanks for the quick reply! No AC, at 10,000 feet, there's not much need for air conditioning in the Summer. Do you think it's possible to get parts from Coleman that would work?

I will receive a bill, don't know the damage yet!
Cheers,
The Depot
Robert

Hi,

I will check and see if it is available. I thought about the a/c question after I hit send, was just too worn out to come back with a second reply.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Como Depot

Hi there,
This is the Como Depot from Colorado again. Have you made any progress on finding replacement parts for my Coleman Heater? I believe the blower motor has now quit and I'm sure we could use the fan also. My husband is taking the blower motor off and communicating with the same repairman as before. If we can get the parts from you folks, he could probaly resolve this himself.

Let us know and Thanks for any help you can provide.
Regards,
Como Depot
Robert

Hi,

My sincere apologies for having not replied back with your needed info. I had some health issues arise again followed by Christmas, severe weather across the nation and became way backlogged as I get 30+ emails and forum questions daily.

Sometimes my brain just goes into hibernation I guess. Will get that info up and sent as quickly as possible.

Once again, very sorry for my absent mindedness.

Thanks,
Robert
Robert

On the old motor, is the mounting bracket removeable or is it permanently attached to the motor ?

Thanks,
Robert
Como Depot

It is the Husband this time.

The Blower Motor is an issue, but I do not think it is the main one at the moment. It is attached by sheet metal screws to the top of the chamber.

I repalced the induced draft motor as I was told that was the problem, but still nothing working.

I bypassed the thermostat to see if that was the issue, but nothing.

I was told the when it failed last time it was still making noises, but completely dead now, so presume must be an electrical issue.

Checked the fuses, they look good. So I guess it may be the transformer? I am going to find a voltmeter and see if I can track down where there is power and where there is not.
Robert

Hi,

The blower motor will either have permanently attached legs or a mounting band around it that can be removed with legs and the legs are then bolted to outside of the blower housing.

Sheet metal screws would not hold the blower motor and blower wheel, especially during rotation of wheel.

Thanks,
Robert