DGAA077BDTA... 1 Blinking Light... Help...

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

illiminate

I recently purchased a mobile home with a coleman evcon DGAA077BDTA furnace in it. It has worked twice successfully out of the 10 or so times I have tried. When it doesnt work it usually will turn on, I can see it heat up, then it clicks and turns off. it repeats itself 3 or so times and then the light turns blinking constantly. This means its ignition failure. Anyways i have tried sandpapering the flame sensor, and still nothing happens. Please help, I cannot afford to waste alot of money. Should I try buying a new flame sensor, or is their something else I could try. I have tried reading around on these forums, and I have seen other people with very similar problems being able to fix it themselves. I dont know, I just need help and ideas. Thanks, Matt
Robert

Hi Matt,

Ignition failure is usually either the flame sensor, ignitor or the gas valve.

Clean the sensor with steel wool, not sandpaper or sandcloth.

Check and see if ignitor is getting 120vac to it and holding it for about 30 seconds.

Does the gas valve have 24vac to it and does it remain there throughout heat cycle.

Check main burner orifice for blockage from spider-web-eggs.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
illiminate

What is the main burner orifice, and how do I clean it.
Robert

Inside a burner spud connected to back of gas valve. Clean with compressed air and a thin wire very carefully .

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
illiminate

will a scotch brite work instead of steel wool?
Robert

Hi,

It will work if steel wool not available, just do not use sandpaper or sand cloth .

Thanks,
Robert
illiminate

Well I broke the burner being stupid, so I need to know were to get a new burner for my furnace, and also the flame sensor as I have a feeling that this is the problem. Thanks for any info leading to my purchase.
Robert

Auto Ignition Burner Assy. # 373-19801-403 can be seen and ordered through PayPal

from the left side of this page:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ColemanGas.html

It includes the flame sensor.

Thanks,
Robert