Model 7680C856 Not performing well

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

mercman

The unit does not heat the home anymore..... I have taking the unit completely apart checking that the fire box is not burnt out,and there is no obstruction in the burners,also blowing out the fan motor and squirrel cage.What the unit does is it will come on then blower comes on heating the house to around 70 degrees but it will not get any warmer and when the temperature drops below 20 degrees it struggles to keep the house even 64 and when you raise the thermostat above 68 asking for heat it seems to have to cool down way below the temp the thermstat is set at? Any information would be highly appreciated on this as we have grandchildren living with us now. Thanks for use of the site!
Greg

Hi & welcome. A few other things to check, Are the ducts all attached or crushed ? Is the underbelly & insulation intact ? If you are heating the space UNDER you home, there is not much left to heat the inside with.

Robert may have more ideas for you as well. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
mercman

Hello Greg
Yes I have checked all the duct work as well and have just finished installing new skirting around the trailer which I insulated with two inches of pink board on the inside....could the fan motor be giving me problem and not blowing enough air volume causing the unit to over heat some?
Thanks again for the excellent site and staff Matt
Greg

I guess that could be a possibility, Is the air flow out of the registers normal?

I am no expert in this area, it is more Robert's realm of expertise, I can give some general ideas, but as to specifics I back away. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
mercman

Greg I guess I cant say what normal should be......Is there any type of check for this?
mercman

bump to the top
Robert

Hi,

Sorry for delay, severe weather and health issues backlogged me somewhat, but I'm catching back up.

See what the return air temp at furnace door return is and also the supply temp at the closest register to furnace.

Inspect the main burner orifice behind the gas valve for clogs from spider-web-eggs maybe.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?