Model # DGAT056BDD Filter Replacement and Noice Reduction

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

matt228

I have a Coleman Evcon Model # DGAT056BDD. I want to replace the filter. Can you only use the foam filters for this model or can I use a different one? What is the best place to get the filters? Can I get them readily at a store or would I have to order it? Also, our furnace seems to make quite a bit of noise while running. I find that when I remove the front panel where the filter is it quiets it down really nicely. do you have any suggestions to help with the noise?

Thanks very much for any info you have. It is greatly appreciated.

Matt
Hastings, MI
matt228

This is a Coleman Evcon.........if that helps at all.
Robert

Hi Matt,

Need to stay with manufacturer recommended filter unless you have an hvac tech out to test temps and airflow through any other filters to ensure they meet furnace specs for airflow.

Can sometimes be found in stores, but usually best and easiest to order online.

Mobile home furnaces are notorious for the noise levels, some worse than others.

Not a lot can be done other than replacing or going with a package unit outside.

Do not run with door off as this increases amount or return air and will increase the amps on motor trying to keep up which will burn the motor up.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?