Coleman Evcon Electric 3500A816 Furnace/AC Combo

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

lwhatley

I'm noticing excessive dust build up in the furnace. I routinely vacuum accessible areas and change filters but the problem persists. Damper? is also not opeing when furnace is on. Not sure if that's what it's called. The large pipe that goes to the roof has a device that I can manually open and close at the beginning of the pipe. I assume it should open when on but that may not be the case.

I cleaned the coils this past summer and I also keep one of those enzymatic? bars in the drip pan. However, when changing filters I noticed that the AC coils had become covered in mold. Thought the condensate tube may be stopped up. I cleaned that and did find that the tube drips under the home and the dirt around this area plus the tube was covered in mold. I recleaned the coils and cleaned the tube. Would it be possible to replace this flexible tubing with pvc pipe so that I can extend the drain to the outside?

Two years ago I had a metal roofover with foam underlay installed. The installer cut the vent pipes to the bathroom exhaust and said it would be ok to exhaust under the metal. I do see that the pipe connected to the ac does extend above the new roof. Could any of this be contributing to my problems? Thanks much! Lisa
Robert

Hi Lisa,

The Deluxe Blend Air II system damper should open to allow fresh air to mix with return air. That should not be cause of the dust however.

Mobile homes typically have a good bit of dust and will take a lot of detail cleaning and possibly reduce carpet in home.

Good filter in furnace and clean every 30 days.

A-Coil fins may be bent and not allowing good condensation run off, refrigerant charge could be wrong, blower speed wrong, etc creating too much condensation on coils.

Yes, 3/4" cpvc is great and be sure to install a p-trap in the drain line and run it outside.

Bathroom exhaust moisture should NOT be exhausted under the metal, get that corrected asap.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?