coleman 3400a816

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

drew

my furnace has been acting up for a few days now, the elements are not kicking off. i have replaced the limit switches and sequencer. the limits i purchased from this site, the sequencer was given to me by a friend. not sure if it is new or used but it will control up to 4 elements, where my furnace only has three. i have checked the wiring of the sequencer and all seems correct. do i need to get the correct sequencer or is the old thermostat to blame? also sometimes the lights dim slightly when the limits kick on and off. should i keep the fan running to prevent damage to the elements until i can fix it? any info would be helpful.
drew

i have a spare sequencer that is a supco q104. if the other is bad, would this work in my furnace?
Robert

Hi,

The correct Sequencer # 3115 - 3571 can be seen and ordered through PayPal

from this page : http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ColemanElec.html

I don't have any info on sequencer you have. Do not run elements without blower being on.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
drew

it was the sequencer, put in the extra one i had till i can get the correct one ordered. works, but gets hot then warm.

the furnace ran like that for a few days before i noticed, hope it didnt damage the elements.
Robert

Put an Ammeter on the power legs to element s and see what the amp draw is when energized.

Then compare to nameplate/data sticker info.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?