Squeaky Panel wall~Help me please!

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

buffee

My mobilehome is all paneling, and I have noticed right behind my head(where I lay in bed) that it squeaks. I have No head board so I have king pillows along there and my regular pillows in front. It kind of feels hollow when I press on that part of the paneling. Ok, so it couldn't squeak somewhere else, it has to be right behind my head...now I know theres some GUY out there that knows how to fix this. Cheaply & easily. There is always someone that has the magic idea for some wierd stuff. I would appreciate any suggestions. I am disabled, so physically I cannot tear out a wall, It has to be cheap. thank you so much :P :P
JD
Site Admin

It would be nice to be able to pull the paneling and apply liquid nails and nail it back up. But if this is not something you can do, you might be able to get rid of the squeaks by pushing or leaning on the wall in different areas to try to isolate the area that is squeaking. Then nail that area down real good with ribbed paneling nails. Might work.

As mobile homes settle, they do so unevenly. This can torque and tweak the walls a bit, making some of the paneling loose.

JMO
JD
☯JD♫
Today is PERFECT!

All information and advice given is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The person doing the work is solely responsible to insure that their work complies with their local building code and OSHA safety regulations.
buffee

thank you!