Coleman modelDGAT056BDD

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

shannon

I have a coleman furnace model#DGAT056BDD Serial #970346567 We just replaced roof jack and gas valve because the repair man said it was needed after changing the valve our blower will come on and go back off again about 6-10 times befor it will stay on and run through the cycle just fine. this was not doing this before we put the new valve in. we did this work ourselves because of the price it would cost for them to. do you have any suggestions for us to try Thank-You
Shannon
Dantheswim

Not trying to steal Shannon's thunder or anything but I have the EXACT same problem except we have not replaced anything like she (or he!) has. We moved in a few months ago and it has always done the really short cycles until it eventually stays on. The burner stays lit the whole time, just the blower will do very annoying constant short cycles-- 5 or 10 seconds, then cut off...back on...off...on...off... then eventually stay on to heat the house. I have replaced the thermostat with a digital and really don't think it is the problem anyhow (also replaced the upper limit a few months ago).
I have the same model except mine is 70,000 BTU..
Robert

Hi Shannon,

Inspect the burner and burner orifice behind the gas valve for blockages. Look for spider-web-eggs especially.

If ok need to have gas pressures checked by hvac tech.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Robert

Hi Dan,

Please start a new thread with your questions/concerns.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
shannon

HI Robert
I have had the pressure checked by gas company they said the pressure was really good right where it should be.They seem to be puzzled why it is doing it. They mention maybe the circut board but they said they have never seen one do this in the newer furnaces
Robert

Is burner and burner orifice clear ? If so, could be the control board, but would need to test the board to know.

Thanks,
Robert
shannon

burner and orfice are clear. How do you test the board?
Robert

Does the burner stay ignited while blower is cutting in and out ? If so, does it appear to be a normal good and strong flame ?

Thanks,
Robert
clabar

i have the same furnace but mine is 56,000 btu . my light flashes ignition failure code and runs a short cycle but no heat. and the damper motor works but it buzzes all the time.any help would be a plus
model dgat056bdd
serial# 951154405
Robert

Start a new thread with your questions and concerns.

Thanks,
Robert