Blower won't start - Coleman-Evcon Mdl# EB20A

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Larry

I have a Coleman-Evcon Mdl# EB20A Heater unit in my mobile home. Sometimes the heater elements will come on but the fan does not. I have a new programable thermostat that has not changed the problem. It was not working this morning. I did notice thay if I have a new filter in the problem is not as bad. I have read across the forums here and am not sure if I have a sequencer problem or if maybe the motor is going bad and is having a problem starting under a load (dirty filter). Any help that someone can give me is greatly appreciated.
Robert

Hi Larry,

When it fails to start, feel the motor to see if it is HOT to the touch.

Test and see if the heat motor leads are getting 240vac to them ?

Reach in carefully with a ruler or something similar and give the wheel a push to see if it starts.

Note: IF the motor is not getting 240vac, disregard the spinning of wheel.

You can also test each far left end element terminal on the white ceramic insulators to ground for 120vac. Those come from the sequencers, so that would eliminate or identify the sequencers as a problem.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?