Switched from propane to natural gas

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Eric

Model # DGAT070BDE

Last fall we had to furnace repaired because of recall on heat exchanger. New heat exchanger was installed along with new roof jack. It was running on propane and had no problems with it. Recently my father in law and I finished running the natural gas to it. Removed the propane orifice and installed the natural gas orifice. Now having trouble with ignition failures. The natural gas pressure coming in is about 7psi. Its like the flame sensor is not inline with the flame from looking into inspection hole into chamber. I have removed the flame sensor and cleaned with steel wool as said to do on your site. Any ideas??? is the flame sensor going bad?

Thanks
Eric
Robert

Hi Eric,

What is the manifold gas pressure reading ? Did you convert the gas valve back to Nat. Gas use ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Eric

If your talking about the orifice, I did put it in the gas valve. Not sure on the manifold pressure. Pressure coming in is about 7psi. Is there something else I need to do to the gas valve? Thanks, Eric
Robert

Hi,

Manifold pressure should be at 3.5" out of GV if not in a high altitude. There is a conversion stem on top of GV, be sure it is set for NG. If not, remove, invert it and reinstall.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Eric

Thank you!! I didn't even notice the stem on top saying LP and NG. That was it... Thank you very much.
Eric
Robert

Hi Eric,

You're very welcome, happy to help.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert