Furnace won't light

Questions about repairs and parts for Coleman furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes. Click here for Coleman parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

lafate

I have model DGA070BDD furnace and it won't light. There are no codes flashing. The glowplug doesn't glow and the gas doesn't turn on. The combustion blower keeps cycling as long as you let it. I have checked the voltage at all the switches and I got 26Volts. Sorry, this is a coleman and it has been converted with A/C and the blower motor was changed at the same time.
Robert

Is it DGAT or DGAA ??????

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
lafate

Sorry, It's a DGAT070BDD
Robert

Hi,

Could be a bad board, gas valve, ignitor, loose wire, faulty booster motor or centrifugal switch inside motor, etc... .

Would have to test circuits with volt meter to know what is or is not working if electrical.

Would need specialty test equipment to test anything else.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
lafate

One question I forgot to ask is do you have to have gas pressure to the furnace before anything will work.
Robert

No, it will work up to a certain point, then shut down. Ultimately, without gas pressure, it will not function and after repeated tries will lock out.

Thanks,
Robert
lafate

Thanks for your help, I am thinking the board. The gas company replaced the press/reg at the meter a year ago because it was leaking. I have checked all the switches and they have voltage going through them. I just wanted to check every option before I called a repairman, out here in Utah they like to replace parts until it works. So know I have something to go on. Thanks so much again. Michael
Robert

Hi Michael,

You're very welcome, happy to help. I offer a email one on one troubleshooting session for 1 to 1.5 hours if needed for a $20 fee if interested.

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/Order4b.html

Thanks,
Robert